Friday, April 6, 2018

Milwaukee County Supervisor Elect Sylvia Ortiz-Velez Statement To County 12th District Residents

Ortiz-Velez released a statement for those who supported her and says that "I will strive to be an accountable, diplomatic, and accessible advocate for this community."

By H. Nelson Goodson
Hispanic News Network U.S.A.

April 6, 2018

Milwaukee, Wisconsin - On Friday, Sylvia Ortiz-Velez, the newly elect Milwaukee County Supervisor for the 12th District released a statement to thank all of her supporters and electors in her Facebook account, "Elect Sylvia Ortiz-Velez for Milwaukee County Supervisor 12th District." Ortiz-Velez was elected on Tuesday and received 57%, 815 of the total votes cast 1,417 in the 12th Milwaukee County Supervisor District for the Spring Election. She won 21 of 23 precincts on Tuesday, according to the Milwaukee County Election Commission.
Ortiz-Velez is scheduled to the oath of office on April 16 along other elected Milwaukee County Board members.

Supervisor Elect Sylvia Ortiz-Velez released the following statement:

I want to thank the people in my beloved 12th District, stakeholders and those who supported me throughout this campaign, but I also want to reassure those who did not that I will do my best to ensure that their voices are heard. . I will strive to be an accountable, diplomatic, and accessible advocate for this community, and will work to ensure that our community is not divided along ideologic or petty disputes, and that its many issues are prioritized and ultimately addressed.

For the past several months, I have gone door to door and heard the concerns of the residents of our community. These concerns are the reason why I was elected, and will be the driving force behind my every action in the County Board. To insist that these concerns were somehow not legitimate, or that those who voted for my campaign were somehow fooled or bought into doing so, is insulting to them, but I will not spend time in campaign squabbles or disputes. The will of the people is sacred, has been heard, and should be respected.

I will move forward and serve my community, and I want to tell everyone, past supporters or opponents alike, that my door is always open and that I am all ears! I want everyone, to leave the past behind and work together as one, united!. The 12th District deserves that from all its leaders and so does Milwaukee County.

Thank you! 

Sylvia Ortiz-Velez, Milwaukee County Supervisor Elect for the 12th District


No comments: